September 8, 2008

Week 6-1

Guess who's back?! Yeah, I've been neglecting you workout regime. I'm sorry. But no longer. Took over a month off and I don't want to fall back into a hole, so I'm back on the plan.

So for this new "week," which starts on Monday this time around by the way -- I have some modest goals. I planned to go to bed early and wake up early morning to run, but I just got so pumped, I couldn't go to sleep. I did some simple parkour stuff, cat walk, simple vaults over my hand railing, and jumped up onto my kitchen counter a few times.

12:40 am
Before I knew it, I was running. I ran over a mile! I've done it before, but not all at once! The last time I ran a mile I was eight years old, so this is quite the accomplishment. It took me over nine minutes, but who cares? I ran up to Nine mile, walked half way back and then ran the other half, so almost a mile and a half I guess. MAN I feel great.

I'm sweating. I guess I'm just going off the cuff from now on. No silly schedule, 100% spontaneous. Just cardio every day, and body-weight training a few times a week.

1:00 pm
So after waking up and eating some breakfast, I decided that running for 10-12 minutes isn't sufficient cardio for the day, and that I still need to do an hour of continuous aerobic activity. So I ride my bike to that sweet spot on 11 Mile Road & Dequindre, which takes precisely half an hour each way, making it an hours worth of trip. I ride my bike up the crosswalk there and back, just to get some elevated power-pedaling action.

2:15 pm
After walking off to cool down, I slam a glass of water and prepare for physical training. I shoot for 100 push-ups, and 200 crunches. That's exactly what I accomplish. Sets were 50-40-10 (push-ups), and 200 (crunches). Fix me a well deserved protein shake, and I'm completely done for the day. I'm so crazy I'm actually thinking about running another mile before I sleep, around the same time as last night/morning. We'll see what transpires.

Mike out.

Stats
185 lbs.
28.4 BMI
34.35% Body Fat

No comments: